ENGINEERED MATERIALS SOLUTIONS
BROOKLYN PARK, MN
Our Engineered Materials Solutions division is looking for an Application Engineer at our Brooklyn Park, MN facility.
As an Application Engineer, you are an integral part of our service to customers in understanding and providing custom solutions to their unique part needs. Working with and in support of our sales team, you will process, combine, and test materials to be used in the production of those custom parts. By gathering data and creating samples, you will be able to recommend the most appropriate materials for specific customer applications.
- Provide technical support and solutions during sales visits to customers
- Provide material options based on application requirements to sales reps & customers
- Resolve customer quality issues and customer technical issues
- Manage the Sample Program, providing material samples or prototype parts to meet customer requirements
- Provide cost estimates for solution based selling projects
- Provide programming and tooling support for manufacturing equipment
- Minimum of a 2-year technical degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Material Science, or Chemical Engineering preferred
- Five years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3 years of SolidWorks and CAD experience
- Strong knowledge of flexible material applications
- Understanding of material data specifications and material physical properties
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Understanding of quality principles
- Strong math skills
At Nott Company we place a high value on the wellbeing of our employees, from low deductible health plans to tuition reimbursement opportunities. Take a look at our Employee Benefits Summary to see how we support our teams both physically and financially.