Human Resources Generalist
ARDEN HILLS, MN
Nott Company is growing and so is the Human Resources staff! As a new member of the Human Resources team, the Human Resource Generalist will serve a vital role in the successful growth of the Company by recruiting and hiring of new employees and providing general human resources support to the organization.
- Facilitate positive employee relations throughout the Company.
- Provide support to Divisions in all areas of recruitment and selection such as developing/updating job descriptions, placing ads, working with recruiters, screening, interviewing, offer letters, background checks, physicals, and drug testing. Conduct new employee orientation.
- Administer work comp program including filing first reports of injury, maintaining OSHA log, monitoring workability reports and supporting managers in related decision making.
- Administer leaves of absence including FMLA and short term disability.
- Maintain HRIS and Performance Management systems, personnel files and job descriptions in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Support Human Resource function during acquisition process.
- Serve as back-up for payroll processing.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business, PHR or SHRM-CP certification highly desired
Experience: 5-10 years human resource generalist experience, preferable in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Strong focus on recruiting skills and experience
- Polished written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce and recruitment software a plus.
- Strong knowledge of various recruiting sources
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management
- Ability to effectively resolve problems
*Note: Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
At Nott Company we place a high value on the wellbeing of our employees, from low deductible health plans to tuition reimbursement opportunities. Take a look at our Employee Benefits Summary to see how we support our teams both physically and financially.