Arden Hills, MN
The Sourcing Specialist will engage with all Nott sites to provide strategic sourcing and purchasing support for distribution goods and services with selected and approved suppliers at competitive pricing. The Sourcing Specialist will also be responsible to oversee new components, as well as supplier onboarding qualifications.
- Build relationships with current supply base, as well, qualify and set up potential new suppliers in order to provide consolidation and supplier strategy support.
- Facilitate negotiations, considering quality, quantity, price and delivery.
- Draft quote requests in accordance with the commodity strategy, ensuring contract language complies to Nott Co. protocols
- Understand the commodity industry and provide internal as well as external support about part and supplier source selection and approval.
- Develop risk mitigation protocol.
- Perform raw material purchases to support assigned new product development projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Minimum of 4 years purchasing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- ISO 9001 experience preferred.
- Strong sourcing experience. International sourcing experience preferred. (International travel not likely in this position.)
- Strong negotiation skills and experience.
- Experience working as part of a cross functional project team.
- Position will be located in Arden Hills, MN, but the candidate will need to have ability to travel to other facilities, primarily Savage, MN.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm (full time)
*Note: Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
At Nott Company we place a high value on the wellbeing of our employees, from low deductible health plans to tuition reimbursement opportunities. Take a look at our Employee Benefits Summary to see how we support our teams both physically and financially.